The answer is always LOVE (or sometimes, "42"!)

The answer is always LOVE (or sometimes, "42"!)
My philosophy is LOVEISM...

Friday, June 27, 2014

Sharing IS Caring


Recently, a friend was brave enough to share with me she was uncomfortable with my (direct quote) “living off of other people’s money” (aka, OOPM)—*which I might add, was NOT based on her personal experience.  At the time, I laughed to myself…You, my friend, are a professional FUNDRAISER!  I mean, didn’t you make a CAREER off of OOPM?  And didn’t OOPM assist YOU, your loved ones, and also the communities you were fundraising for?!  Isn’t THAT the BEST way to USE money?!! Giving people the resources they need to make the world a better place?!  *Perhaps if I were of Indian/Native-descent or wore Guru-gear and lots of expensive hippie jewelry, the way I live would not be questioned. (But this was just my Ego responding.) 

Then, I thought, “Wait a minute!  EveryONE is living OOPM!” Whether your money/house/whatever was inherited; given to you in exchange for your labor,  services or crafts; won in a lottery; gifted from a friend; issued from the government (disability, social security, “welfare”, etc.); or your SPOUSE/Partner?!!!  I mean if we really follow money as far back as to, say… the Conquistadors, that money came from Mayan and Inca civilizations!  If we go even farther back in time, we see money came from the combination of an IDEA (“Hey, guys, What IF we all agreed to a standard token, let’s say “currency”, we could use to procure materials and items we need/want?”) and the discovery of soft metals.  The way I see it, is that NOTHING is YOURS or MINE, and therefore, paradoxically, EVERYTHING is YOURS and MINE (*and it is LIMITLESS.)

“Share your TOYS!”  We drill into our children.  But yet, how many of us (ADULTS) really share our TOYS? 


T:  Transformational
O: Objects
Y:  You
S:  Share

And essentially, EVERYTHING is a TOY—from our homes to our LOVE.  I believe as long as we continue labeling things/people/places as MINE and YOURS we are perpetuating Duality-Thinking (“Us” vs “Them”), which is what fuels wars, crime, corruption, abuse and all that other yucky stuff.

I like to think that I have been living off of other people’s LOVE.  I mean if you can’t freely share your food and shelter with a FRIEND or FAMILY without resentment; HOW do YOU expect to IMPROVE CONDITIONS on this planet?!!! 

So instead of charging every person I spend time with $200 per hour for my time and my holistic therapeutic services, or $25 for every Kelly’s Osho Zen Reading; or charge people/organizations/businesses a REFERRAL FEE for every time I SHARE an event/product/service with my community (known as marketing and PR in the business world) or charge every time I recommend a quality business or service; charge everytime I hook up a friend with a DREAM JOB or help them raise funds for their DREAM, or such…well, I choose to GIVE FREELY whatever I can (down to my last penny!), fully trusting in the Universal Law of Circulation:  The Flow of Giving and Receiving, and knowing that EVERY action I do is out of LOVE—with the ultimate vision of a FREE, abundant happy, safe world for ALL here (*including the animals, plants, insects, rocks and minerals, and even micro-organisms!) 

Love your bliss,
Goofy Guru 

No comments: