The answer is always LOVE (or sometimes, "42"!)

The answer is always LOVE (or sometimes, "42"!)
My philosophy is LOVEISM...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How I “treat” myself (living well with HIV for 20 years and with no AIDS drugs!)

Me frolicking at La Rocca (organic) Vineyards

The first question everyone asks me, when I share I have been living with HIV for 20 years now and without “AIDS drugs” or regular “health care”, is: “How did you GET it?! “

Depending on my mood, I will respond:

“Well, while I was prostituting with my bi-sexual, African heroine dealer/boyfriend, in Bangkok, in the 80’s, I got in an accident, lost some teeth, and needed a blood transfusion.  But between you and me, I think it was from the dentist’s office.”

But usually, I tell them the truth: “Well, at the age of 19, I was exposed to HIV by the same needles used to treat me for malaria, while doing volunteer work in East Africa.  Yeah, I know.  Isn’t it ironic?”

The second question is “You don’t look like someone with HIV.  How do you keep so healthy?”

Unfortunately, people (especially medical professionals) generally do not approve nor believe my answer: “Well, I do whatever the hell I want—in ALL aspects of my life.  And that includes NOT going to the doctor’s office!”

When I was diagnosed with HIV in the early 90’s, there were NO treatment options; basically, it was a death sentence.  So I had no choice back then.  I was told I “may” have “10 years-ish” to live. The medical establishment (meaning well) proceeded to recite a long litany of things that COULD kill me--you know, like sushi, sex, smoking, alcohol, raw cookie dough, bad water, AIR, contact with sick people, etc. *Thank you, Doctor! I would much more prefer to die by raw cookie dough consumption (preferably with ice cream!), then slowly, painfully decaying alone, hiding my “loathed” disease, over the next 10 years!

My official response: “Well, if the Titanic is going down, I will be dancing in the ballroom with a martini.”

In other words, I chose QUALITY of life over QUANTITY of life.  I did NOT stop smoking, drinking, devouring sushi, eating raw cookie dough whenever I got the munchies, having sex, traveling, you know…Living!  I figured death is inevitable, I might as well enjoy the ride while I can!

As soon as I could, I returned to Africa to help set-up community-based health care systems, with special focus on HIV, TB and Malaria, in areas where there was little to no public health care infrastructure (read: no doctors, no nurses, no medicines, no clinics, no RULES, etc.)  I imagined I would heroically die out “in the bush” doing Mother Teresa stuff.  Well, as usual, the joke was on me—after a decade of such life and several continents later, I married a (HIV negative) DOCTOR and ended up back in the States! Isn’t it ironic (again)?!

We had no access to AIDS treatment options in Sub-Saharan Africa until 2004-ish, so the only health care options for people living with HIV/AIDS at the time (throughout most of the world, I might add) were a mixture of limited “band-aid” drugs and some antibiotics; holistic therapies by local traditional healers; the prayers of family and shaman/church; decent nutrition; and improved living conditions—if we were lucky. So, basically, I had no choice but to take care of myself those “exciting” years with limited access to drugs, limited choices in food (they don’t have Trader Joe’s out in the bush!), poor water and sanitation systems, poor living conditions, and high levels of stress—ranging from full-on WAR to ghetto/slum/township style-living.

Generally, I was too busy with work (and play!) to even THINK about my own health issues.  However, early on in my experience, I noticed one of many clear patterns:  Whenever I get stressed-out, I get sick.  It took me a few years, and lots of trials and errors, but eventually I figured out that if I ignore, neglect or repress a “negative” emotion (like anger, hate, resentment, bitterness, depression, exhaustion, “stress”) it will ALWAYS show up as discomfort in my body and its severity is always directly relative to the level of stress in my life.  *It was not until recently I discovered numerous medical and psychological studies confirming this conclusion.

My “early warning system” shows up as a common cold, allergies, fatigue, a mysterious ache or pain, maybe a rash.  Nothing big.  But now I know this is my body telling me, “Hey, Kelly, you are NOT happy about something.  You are out of alignment. Stop and look into this immediately or we, your body, are going to take you down!”   And I have learned the hard way, my body is not fuckin’ around.  So I immediately STOP everything and listen to my body.  

For example, if I have a toothache, I immediately go online and research the SPIRITUAL meaning behind my toothache for a clue as to where this pain is REALLY coming from.  I am a believer that all our illnesses/dis-eases are emotions trapped in our body, even our cells.  According to Louse Hayes, tooth pain indicates “indecisiveness”, not being able to make a decision.  The suggested affirmation for tooth pain: “I make my decisions based on the principles of truth, and I rest securely knowing that only right action is taking place in my life.”

No, of course, repeating this affirmation for toothache is not going to instantly stop my very immediate tooth pain, but I do believe it does quicken the healing process, *even if it is only serving to distract me from THINKING about the pain, and brings me much needed clarity.  Next, I research holistic therapy options for tooth pain—which can range from herbal ointments to acupuncture (and then some.) I ALWAYS try holistic therapies (in combination with turning inwards/meditation) first.  Going to the doctor’s office/Emergency Room is my LAST resort!

Unlike most people living with HIV (or any other chronic illness), I no longer go to the doctor’s office.  I monitor my health and well-being by how I FEEL.  I don’t need lab work to show me how I am doing.  In the event of an obvious emergency, like a burst eardrum due to island-hopping in the Caribbean, I go straight to the Emergency Room because, well, it feels like an ice-pick being slowly, constantly drilled into your skull.

I subscribe to the philosophy of Law of Attraction, which states: “You attract what you constantly THINK about—good or bad.”  Thus, I rarely even THINK about living with HIV, much less WORRY about being sick.   Haven’t you noticed that the people who are always TALKING about their disease/illnesses, well, are ALWAYS sick?!!!  This is NOT a coincidence; this is the Law of Attraction.

But essentially, most of my HIV treatment is all about HOW I treat myself:

1.     I do daily positive affirmations, meditations, and keep a regular Gratitude Journal:  I THANK my body, sometimes in great detail, EVERY day!
2.     I look for the positive in EVERY situation.  I try to make all my experiences fun, meaningful, zen, or a learning experience—even the mundane stuff like running errands and laundry.
3.     I surround myself with fun, positive, conscious, generous, loving people.  I avoid “negative” people/situations and emotional vampires.
4.     I eat whatever the HELL I want and when I want it!  No special diet.  I don’t want to live 500 years just eating nuts and berries--BORING! I just happen to be “pescatarian”, which means I eat fish and dairy, but no mammals or fowl.  Note: I LOVE sushi and raw cookie dough!
5.     I pamper my body whenever/however I can.  This means pedicures to massage to watsu to luxurious bubble baths to naps to SEX!  Yes!  Lots of sex!
6.     I do not waste time, energy or words being bitter, angry, boring, critical, or unhappy.  If I am unhappy, I change my perception of the situation, change the situation, or leave the situation entirely.  *I have learned that if I allow myself to be depressed, self-piteous, or angry too long, it will ALWAYS show up as an illness in my body.
7.     I practice self-awareness constantly, daily; basically, when I am not sleeping, in order to monitor my FEEL GOOD factor and make adjustments when needed.
8.     I practice SELF-LOVE.  I speak only loving, empowering, positive words to myself (*well, most of the time, still working on that!)
9.     I am constantly learning and trying new mind-body-sprit healing modalities—examples: listening to binaural beats, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Reiki and other energy work, chanting, Ayurvedic therapies, different kinds of yoga, Qi Gong, sound therapies, etc. 
10. Having a good time, trying new things (learning), making new friends, loving myself, family, friends, and even strangers are MY PRIORITY. Period.

So, how do I TREAT my HIV?  It all comes down to how I TREAT MYSELF, every moment of the day. In my 20-year personal experiment with living with HIV, without meds, and with no health care, my conclusion is that when my HAPPINESS is my priority, it is clearly reflected in my good health.  So my health plan is simple: Be as happy as I can and then die.

But as I always say, “Don’t listen to me (or your doctors or the “experts”), do your OWN homework!”

LIVE your bliss,
Kelly N Patterson (aka, the Goofy Guru)




20 comments:

Tasha Stover said...

Them be words of wisdom! thinking "good stuff" is healthy for us all. Smiles!!!

The Bernie Project said...

Kelly are you on twitter? would love to connect with you! Cheers-- April

Love your philosophy!

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your urls with AdFly and get $$$ from every visit to your shortened links.

Anonymous said...

DR HARRY HERBAL CREAM HELPED ME TO ENLARGE MY PENIS SIZE FROM 3 INCHES TO 10 INCHES WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF TREATMENT https://drharryherbaltempl.wixsite.com/solutiontemple whatsapp +2349036417079

hello everyone in this forum my name is JAMIE HARRY PAUL from texas i am a bit ashamed to share this story about a great DOCTOR called DR HARRY who helped me enlarge my small penis size through his herbal mixture cream,i was heartbroken before because i have a very small penis about 3.5 inches which was so annoying and shameful i could not satisfy my wife in bed ,,my marriage was really breaking and i needed help urgently,i have used pills,vaccines,drugs,surgery but none worked...so one faithful day as i was browsing through the internet i saw few comments on a forum about DR HARRY and how He helped Mr MORRISON DONALD from UK to enlarge his penis and also cured his MOM diabetes disease,,i contacted him through his email drharrysolution@gmail.com he replied and gave me steps to follow and i did just as he said ,and he sent me the herbal cream to me through UPS and i received it within 4 days and i used the herbal cream for just 14 days to my greatest surprise my penis that was 3.5 inches before enlarge to 10 inches long when fully erected ,for just two weeks of using his herbal mixture cream ,,wow my wife loved me more and was so happy that i can satisfy her very well now in bed ,,i even last longer than 2hours in bed. thank you so much DR HARRY for making life a better one to live in ..so if you are out there having similar problems please contact him now on his email drharrysolution@gmail.com
website https://drharryherbaltempl.wixsite.com/solutiontemple or whatsapp and call him on +2349036417079 thanks

victoria janniffer said...

It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. i have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr .Hazim, but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr. Hazim , then i contacted him through his email when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after 21 days of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up after 21 days of the treatment, To my greatest surprise my result came out negative after the treatment, I'm very happy that i was cured and been healthy again. I waited for 3 weeks to be very sure if I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes, HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer to contact this great man through his Email usmandrhazim@gmail.com OR add him up on whatsApp +2349058026857

Thanks Doctor Usman

victoria janniffer said...

It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. i have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr .Hazim, but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr. Hazim , then i contacted him through his email when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after 21 days of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up after 21 days of the treatment, To my greatest surprise my result came out negative after the treatment, I'm very happy that i was cured and been healthy again. I waited for 3 weeks to be very sure if I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes, HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer to contact this great man through his Email usmandrhazim@gmail.com OR add him up on whatsApp +2349058026857

Thanks Doctor Usman

LISA ANDERSON said...

I want to thank Dr IHIBOR for the herbal HIV medicine he gave to me and my daughter, i was suffering from HIV when i gave birth to my daughter and that was how my daughter got the sickness indirect from me, but to God be the glory that i am heal with the herbal medicine that Dr IHIBOR gave to me when i contacted him. i want to use this medium to tell everyone that the solution to our sickness has come, so i will like you to contact this great healer on his email address: drihiborherbalhome@gmail.com with him all your pains will be gone, i am really happy today that i and my daughter are cured of HIV, we are now negative after the use of his medicine,my doctor confirm it. once more i say a big thank to you Dr IHIBOR for healing hands upon my life and my daughter, i say may God continue to bless you abundantly and give you more power to keep helping those that want your help in their lives. email him now he is waiting to receive you : drihiborherbalhome@gmail.com or contact his number/ whats app available +2349050141449

One thing i love most about Dr. ihibor is honestly and he is very polite with his patience, so everything he told me was what he did, and his herbal medicine are very affordable to get, Dr ihibor god will over BLESS YOU.

LISA ANDERSON said...

I want to quickly drop this vital information here for those who are infected with HIV disease, being infected with Hiv its not the end as there its cure to it with natural root and herbs. I was also infected with HIV couple months ago i felt it was the end for me, my thought change immediately and i did research for the cure to the Disease till i found about Dr IHIBOR Herbal Medicine which help to eradicate the Disease totally from my system. If you wish to find a cure to your HIV or other kinds of disease do not hesitate to contact Dr IHIBOR via email drihiborherbalhome@gmail.com, you can WhatsApp +2349050141449. You too can give a try to his Med, there is no harm in trying. PEACE!!!

PRESHY OBOITE said...


HELLO EVERYONEI’M SO GRATEFUL TO DR. ONUWA FOR CURING ME COMPLETELY FROM HERPES VIRUS . I WAS TOLD I HAVE HERPES IN 2011, I HAVE BEEN TAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF MEDICATION STILL YET NO IMPROVEMENT UNTIL I SAW TESTIMONIES OF DR. ONUWA CURING HERPES, DIABETES, HIV AND OTHER DISEASE I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT CONTACTING HIM BUT I ALSO KNEW THE IMPORTANCE OF HERBAL MEDICINE, I MADE UP MY MIND AND CONTACTED HIM WE TALKED ON PHONE AND HE PREPARED AND GAVE ME MEDICINE WHICH I TOOK ACCORDING TO HIS DOSAGE INFORMATION. NOW I’M SO HAPPY I’M CURED FROM HERPES MY HEART IS SO FILLED WITH JOY, THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. ONUWA . IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU HAVE HERPES OR ANY KIND OF DISEASE CONTACT HIM TODAY EMAIL:DRONUWA2@GMAIL.COM .. HE CURE LISTED DISEASES CANCER HIV ALS EX BACK JOB OPPORTUNITY HEPATITIS A AND B DIABETIC. ETC

Tamara Barrow said...

Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection can't
cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful
work natural herbs have done in people's lives. i read a lot of people's
testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HIV, Diabetics,
Lymphoma, Fibroid, Cancer etc by Dr. VOODOO herbal medicine, so i decided
to contact the doctor because i know nature has the power to heal anything.
I was diagnosed with HIV for the past 7 years but Dr. VOODOO cured me with
his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because
they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were
cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no
harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster, he cast spell to restore
broken marriages and he cast good luck spells to prosper and excel in life.
Contact Dr. VOODOO on: /WhatsApp no:or call him +2348140120719 OR email him
at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

LEE NANCY said...

Please share as you read okay you may save a soul today,natural herbs
are really great, I was cured from HIV positive by a doctor
called DR ONUWA from West Africa, now I believe that natural
herbs and roots has their own way of working, based on medical report
I was told that HIV positive has no cure even when I saw a post
about Dr ONUWA how he cured many people with his herbal medicine I
doubted it at first but just decided to give it a try because I was so desperately trying to get rid of my problems not knowing it was going to be the end of this deadly virus in my body, please if you have anyone with this same virus or diseases like this contact Dr ONUWA on EMAIL DRONUWA2@GMAIL.COM I'm a living testimony of his
herbal medicine and don't forget to share as you read okay,
please save a soul today

sherica said...

I have been suffering from HIV for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. iniboku on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from HIV/AIDS. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from HIV/AIDS or any other disease you can contact Dr. iniboku today on this Email address: drinibokuherbalhome@gmail.com/drinibokuspelltemple@gmail.com   or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2347059186346 

sherica said...

This is real take it serious, who will believe that a
herb can cure Hiv&Aids, i never believe that this will
work I have spend a lot when getting drugs from
the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was waiting
for is death because I was broke, one day i hard
about this great man who is well know of HIV&AIDS
and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the
hiv in my body, he prepare the herb for me, and he
send it through courier services he also told me
how many days it we take to get tome, so i actually
receive the herbs he give me instruction on how to
take it, at the end of one month, he told me to go
to the hospital for a check up, and i went,
surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me
negative, i thought it was a joke, I went to other
hospital was also negative, then I took my friend
who was also suffering from cancer to the Dr
iniboku , after the treatment she was also confirm
free . He also have the herb to cure cancer and the
diseases listed below; (1) CANCER, (2) ASTHMA/
PENIS ENLARGEMENT (3) HERPES (4) URINARY
TRACT INFECTION, (5) YOU WANT YOUR EX
HUSBAND BACK (6) IMPOTENCE, (7) BARENESS/
INFERTILITY (8) DIARRHEA (9) DIABETES...E.T.C
please i want every one with this virus to be free,
the government are proud of you for the help you
are providing... Once again thank you for saving my
life, that is why I will be dropping his email
address, drinibokuspelltemple@gmail.com or
call on +2347059186346 now

Stella Rose said...

Am really grateful and thankful for what Dr Ojo has done for me and my family with his herbal medicine , I have be suffering from HIV for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. If you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, call or Whatsapp him +2349037939627 and get your healing. He has cure for other deadly diseases like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, diabetes ,genital warts, stroke,asthma Cancer,fibroid,penis enlargment,low sperm count, ulcer,Barrenness/infertility,Vaginal yeast infection, pregnancy, quick Ejaculation,disability,kidney failure,genital warts and any kind of home/and spiritual problems many more.......

mr john said...

I am doctor Regan I got effected with Hiv in the process of attending to my HIV patient I tried
all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health
forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind
of diseases including HIV virus, at first i doubted if it was real but
decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbalist via his email ukabuoherblhome@gmail.com and
he prepared a HIV herbal cure and sent it to me via fed-ex delivery
company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by
directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was
totally cured of this deadly disease within 10
days of usage, I am now free from the deadly disease called HIV, all
thanks to Dr ukabuo. Contact this great herbal spell caster.kindly contact him on +2348155224153
or whatsapp
him +2348155224153
Dr.ukabuo cure all kinds of sickness or diseases such as:
1. HERPES VIRUS
2. LASSA FEVER
3. GONORRHEA
4. HIV/AIDS
5. LOW SPERM COUNT
6. MENOPAUSE DISEASE
7. EPILEPSY
8. Hypertension
9. CANCER
10. Kidney problems
11. PREGNANCY PROBLEM
12. SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM
14. Male menopause
15. Menopause – male
16. Menopause – peri
17. Menstruation problems
18. Mercury Poisoning
19. Migraine
20. Miscarriage
21. Stroke etc

wilson said...

Hello everyone am so Happy to share my wonderful experience about Dr Ighodalo he is a powerful spell caster from west Africa he helped me to cast a love spell that brought back my lover to me in 48hrs just as he promised he is a man of his words and i so much believe in him and I have directed many of my friends to him and they always get the result that they are looking for if you need his help below here is his email address.
aluya Ighodalo or you can also reach him in his WhatsApp +2348143577645 or Gmail doctorighodalo@gmail.com
Dr Ighodalo caster he can help you no matter where you are

rose maven said...

DR OMO CURED ME FROM HERPES I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HIV and Cancer) by this Man DR OMO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR OMO telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the DR assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email DR OMO on(dromoherbalremedies@gmail.com sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address (dromoherbalremedies@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on this number +2348075522105 

ANNA said...

First, I want to complement this page administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbal medicine. I am here to tell you all about a herbal doctor Dr Akindele who has been helping cure people of herpes and other diseases. If you know anyone suffering from Herpes, Diabetes, HIV/Aids, Cancer, Hepatitis, ALS, ETC They should contact him today and get the cure to that disease that has weighed them down. I am a living testimony of the efficacy of his herbal medicine. I have been Herpes free for over a year now. You too can be the next to testify.
Contact Dr Akindele today via mail: (drakindeleherbalhome@gmail.com)
or WhatsApp +2349130256489

KERISSA GLEN said...

I was cured of HERPES with the use of natural herbs. I love herbs so much. Most times, injections and drugs are just a waste of time. I was cured 8months ago, i suffered from Herpes for 2 years but with the help of Priest Babaka herbal medicine, I was cured within a few weeks of drinking the herbs He sent to me through courier delivery service. This same Priest also cured my Aunt from INFERTILITY, as soon as I heard she Been finding it difficult to CONCEIVE, i referred her to the Priest and she was cured after drinking his herbs. I have referred more than 15 persons and they were all cured from their various illness. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs, injections, surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Priest Babaka is a Herbalist and a Spiritualist , I assure you of a cure if you drink his natural herbs and follow his Guidance. He has herbs that cures HIV, Herpes, Diabetics, Asthma, Hepatitis, etc. Contact Priest Babaka on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

JNECIA MCCLENTON said...

I contacted herpes' I was told there is no herpes cure except treatment to
control it. I totally lost hope. All I could think was losing my life it
was so embarrassing to have this virus, few weeks ago I ready about a
possible natural herbs cure which was guaranteed. And I ordered the natural
herbs treatment from Dr voodoo after some weeks I got 100? cure. Now I'm so
excited to share this testimony contact Dr voodoo WhatsApp number
+2348140120719 also e-mail him at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com